This post contains affiliate links (policy) which means that I might make a small percentage of the sale at no cost to you.
My two youngest kids will be starting 9th grade today. I have only four years left with the day-to-day teaching of parenthood and home education. After the last year we’ve had, I feel so strongly that the Lord is whispering to me “focus.” I want to finish this calling well. Now is not the time to let things slack. I need to gather every ounce of my gifts and abilities and put them towards this last leg of the journey.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize.
I Corinthians 9:24
What that looks like:
- A schedule for every one of us during the school day.
- Every thing goes into my planner. This helps me get done the important things instead of just wasting time.
- Just saying no to the phone. I’m letting the answering machine catch the calls and will return them during my “phone” slot on my schedule/planner.
- Saying no to most activities/events/invitations that happen during the school day.
- A good menu plan to get me through the fall.
- A lesson plan book for each kid. I can’t fit it all in one planner. They are responsible for their own planner. (Yes, that is the correct link.) This will be our third year of using these planners and they have worked well for us.
- Filtering everything through the word “focus.” I started doing this at the end of the summer. Host an MLM party? Not part of my focus. Sign-up for such-and-such class? Not part of my focus.
- Most importantly, daily time in the Word! Nothing brings more focus to my life than hearing from my Creator by spending time with Him!
What things do you do to improve your focus? Comment below and let me know!
Have a beautiful day!