This has been a very difficult and wonderful August.
1) I learned that my step-father has brain cancer and is nearing the end of his life. My mother will be a widow for the second time.
2) We took a wonderful trip to visit Ed’s parents in Virginia. Amy was able to go with us.
3) We dropped Amy back in Washington D.C. I was so happy to visit Spice Six again. Indian food is so YUM!
4) I broke a toe on the my right foot and severely injured my left knee. I am re-learning many of the lessons that I learned when I was on bed rest 14 Augusts ago. Most of what I think needs to be accomplished isn’t really that important. The important people in your life and the Lord love you because you are you and not because of what you can do, achieve, or accomplish.
5) After 18 years, God answered our prayers and Ed is finally on first shift. Our lives have completely changed and it has been wonderful. I love getting up early to prepare breakfast for my family. I love looking out the windows in the morning and seeing the sun peeking out. I love the dew on the grass. It’s all new and exciting and I continue to pinch myself and thank God for this wonderful gift that He’s given our family!