“Summertime and the living is easy”…. I can’t get this song out of my head today. Do you remember summer as a kid? Long, carefree days.
Playing outside until the street lights came on. A huge stack of library books. Riding your bike until your legs hurt. Dropping into bed at night, exhausted.
My early childhood home had a tin roof. We didn’t have air conditioning, so all of the windows were always open.
I vividly remember laying in bed and listening to summer rain on the tin roof. No sound like it.
20 Fantastically Beautiful things about Summer:
1. Explosions of color: flowers, sunsets, fireworks
2. Physically hard work in the garden.
3. Fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Lazy days to read long, hard books…or easy fluff books 😉
5. Summer weddings
6. The smell of rain on hot pavement
7. Celebrating our country’s independence, sparklers, fire works
8. Kids home from college
9. Adult children who decide to spend their summer vacation with their families <3
10. Shade trees
11. Summertime smells that float on the air: charcoal grill smoke, heady flower fragrances like honeysuckle, suntan lotion
12. Breezes through the windows
13. Ice cream cones!!!!!
14. Reading, eating, dreaming, talking on the porch swing
16. Camping, campfires, marshmallows, s’mores, bug spray
18. No school!!
19. Water-sprinklers, swimming pools, the ocean
20. His mercies that are new every morning. I’m so glad that’s not just for summer!
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Please tell me your favorite parts of summer or a favorite childhood summer memory.
Have a beautiful day!