We made it! It’s February! All over blogland, social media, and in real life, I’ve seen people talking about the difficult times they were having in January. We had our share of down things in the Nicholson household as well. January can be a tough month. Our ancient dryer needed repaired. Our converted coal-burner furnace from 1920 smelled funny and the repair man visited. Our only car needed a substantial repair.
But February is here! I really like February. It’s a short month. Each day that passes is a little closer to spring. Those bulbs that pop-up through the snow and mud will be right around the corner. February is all about pink and red and love. I’ve also seen a few pearls thrown in here and there. Who doesn’t like pearls?
I have a few things planned this month:
- My first giveaway.
- Heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink icing for Valentine’s Day.
- Blogelina has some fun bloggy stuff planned that I am going to participate in.
- Veritas Press is having a sale on the curriculum I use for my son. I can cross that off my July to-do list!
- My oatmeal cake with coconut frosting recipe is in the queue for tomorrow.
- Photos are taken for Cranberry Bliss-fully Happy Bars. (Apparently Starbucks trademarked Cranberry Bliss or just Bliss or something?!)
- My taxes might be completed in February and the refund (?) might be here.
- I signed-up for a women’s event at my new church.
- Sometimes, the bees came out on a really sunny day to get some much needed water by drinking the snow. I hope I will be able to observe and photograph them this year!
February… Bliss! Can I still use that word? 😉
Do you like February? Do you have anything planned for this month?
Leave a comment and let me know.