“How fun!” I find myself exclaiming this many times throughout the week. Here are just a few things that touched me or made me smile:
I’ve been perusing Etsy quite a bit lately. Not surprisingly, the photography shops grab my interest. I’ve never lived on a farm, but I’m finding I am often drawn to the barnyard. I really enjoy looking at the sweet little lamb photos in Yes and Amen’s shop.
I entered and won a give-away at Alana Taylor for the e-book Escaping Reaction/Embracing Intention by Jacey Verdicchio from The Balanced Wife. Thank you, Alana and Jacey! I can’t wait to read it!
Last weekend was filled with some very nice experiences.
1) Ed and I spent an afternoon with the camera and the iPad mini at one of our local county parks. It had warmed up just enough so that we could shed our winter coats for something lighter. We meandered through the paths and took pictures of last year’s cattails and this spring’s snow drops. The trees are still void of leaves and we were able to watch quite a few birds. We even saw a wild turkey! (You might have seen him on facebook reminding everyone to eat ham for Easter.)
2) I spent Sunday afternoon at our library with other members of our community helping to map out the future direction of our library. Apparently, they have one of these “stakeholders” meetings every five years. My family is a huge consumer of books and the library helps us with our
obsession hobby. It was an honor and a pleasure to let them know that the library will always mean “books” to me!
Just to let you know, in honor of Good Friday and Easter weekend, I will be posting next week’s How Fun!/Whatever is Lovely link-up party early Thursday morning instead of its usual Friday.
What we are eating next week:
- Saturday Keilbosa, saurkraut, potatoes
- Sunday Pasta, sauce, bread, salad
- Monday Salmon, asparagus, baked sweet potatoes
- Tuesday Burritos, Spanish rice, corn
- Wednesday Pizza, cut-up vegetables
- Thursday Ham and cheese roll-ups, broccoli
- Friday Omelets, biscuits
Baking this weekend: Lemon pound cake
Spread a little Light this week! Share this above meme on your favorite social media site, or email it to a friend. Click the image to see it at full size.
Link-up as many posts as you like that are lovely, excellent, or praiseworthy. Share a wonderful piece of writing, a DIY project, a recipe, or anything else that strikes your fancy!
Thanks so much for participating! I appreciate links back to Beauty Observed. Either a text link in your post, or feel free to use my button. Please visit some of the other links and pass them along to your friends. Let’s spread loveliness everywhere!
<center><a target="_blank" href="http://beautyobserved.com"><img src="http://beautyobserved.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/beauty-link-button.jpg"></a></center>
This week has a new “rule” for the linkup. My good friend Dawn has a blog that has been nominated in a contest as one of the 50 best sites on Health and Fitness for 2014. Could you please help her by voting for her blog “Reveal Natural Health” on this page?
Have a great weekend! Remember Philippians 4:8. “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
It sounds like you have had a very rewarding and beautiful week. As always, your pictures are stunning!
Best wishes for a fabulous weekend and many thanks for your fun link up!
Natasha in Oz
Thank you for hosting, Elizabeth! I invite you and your blog friends to also join my party at the Go Crochet Crazy blog — all things homemade and handmade welcome!
Thank you for hosting, Elizabeth! I invite you and your blog friends to join my link party, as well, at the Go Crochet Crazy blog. All things homemade and handmade are welcome! 🙂 Have a beautiful weekend!
It’s so much fun to win giveaway’s isn’t it? Your posts always make me smile, which is a wonderful way to begin the weekend. Many blessings to you, friend.
Beautiful meme! I had to share it before leaving a comment or reading the other links 🙂 I so appreciate the gift God has given you!!
Thank you so much for such a fun link-up! It’s my first time here, and I love this idea! And this post is so nice 🙂 I can’t believe that next week is already Holy Week! It’s crazy. I hope you have a beautiful weekend. ~Jenna // A Mama Collective
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for mentioning me in your post and encouraging your readers to vote for my blog. Your support means so much to me!
Love the pictures and that you got to share a sweet day with your man! Thanks for including some recipes here (it always makes me hungry on Fridays.) 🙂
I love all the funny and nice moments of your week, but the photo with the “sneeuwklokjes” snowdrops touches my heart. Thank you for the beautiful scripture on it. You make me very happy with this beautiful picture.